One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake! And although, I love baking all sorts of sweets, cheesecakes aren’t my usual. But, I have attempted making cheesecakes several times. I have mixed the many bars of cream cheese with sugar & eggs, spread out the mixture in my spring form pan & then, place the pan in a water bath in the oven (all while hoping that my cheesecake wouldn’t crack!!)! And overall they have all turned out pretty good, but what they have NOT been…. is quick or easy to make!!!
Cheesecake is typically a very time intensive dessert. However, if you are a cheesecake lover that is short on time, you will definitely want to try this recipe for Cheesecake Cupcakes! I found this recipe in book Cupcakes by Susannah Blake. And while it’s not your traditional “cupcake”, it does have a yellow cake bottom layer that makes it a little more cupcake-y!
These Cheesecake Cupcakes are light & delicious (a perfect springtime dessert)! The cupcakes can be made in about 30 minutes and chilled until it’s time to serve them. The quick prep & ability to prepare these ahead makes them a perfect dessert to serve when you are entertaining! These Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes would be a great ending to a springtime lunch like chicken salad sandwiches, my turkey-pesto paninis, or even a pasta primavera!
Place cupcake liners (I love these) in each well of the cupcake pan & place about 2 tablespoons of batter in each liner. The bottom layer has to be baked for a short time and then allowed to cool. After the cake is cooled, you can add the cheesecake filling on top of the cake & chill.
Cheesecake Cupcakes Toppings
Once you are done, there are many options for topping your cheesecakes
- strawberry (or even other kinds of fruit)
- strawberry syrup
- chocolate chips
- chopped (& roasted) nuts with chocolate & caramel sauce drizzled on top
- just about anything else that sounds great to you!
Check out this quick & easy Cheesecake Cupcake recipe, I hope it’s one of your new favorites!!
- cupcake pan, cupcake liners
Cake Base Layer
- 4 tbsp butter, room temp
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup flour, self-rising
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 oz white chocolate candy melts
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- toppings or your choice strawberries, fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
Cake Layer Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix butter & sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs in & mix until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the flour & mix.
- Add vanilla & milk & mix until well incorporated.
- Bake for 10 min or until the center of cake is pierced with a toothpick & comes out clean.
Cheesecake Layer Instructions
- Heat candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments until they are melted & smooth, set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, & the sifted powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Once the white chocolate has cooled slightly (warm, but not hot), add the chocolate & beat into cream cheese mixture.
- Once the cakes are cool, spread cream cheese mixture over each cake & chill for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with desired toppings.